Script not working.

Oct 11, 2011 at 10:52 AM

Hello!

I tried the script on a clean install of sharepoint server 2010 on which I had about 50 documents. This is suppose to be my lab server.

I went to my shareponint severs "root" or what it is called http://mysharepioint and opend the default.master in sharepoint designer and added the code before </head> but nothing happens when I use IE 8/9 and search.

I have Java/flash installed.

Do I need to install som additional script-dependencys or what can I have dont wrong?

Ps. I am a total noob Ds. :)

BR

/Daniel

Oct 11, 2011 at 12:58 PM

Hi Daniel,

Can your lab server reach the internet without problem? The script tries to download the jquery script from Google's site, and if your server can't get online, then your script won't run. 

If this is the case, you can download jquery from jquery.com and throw it into one of your site libraries, then update the script to reference that file.

If this is not the case, and your server can get online fine, then take a look in IE, there should be some sort of an error in the browser.

Another thought, are you logging into the site using the same account you edited the page with? Did you check in the master page?

Let me know.

David

Jun 29, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Hey again sorry for not answering in so long but the SharePoint went live and someone else was assigned to it but now I am back again with the same issue as before!

I can access the internet just fine from the server, I downloaded the script still dosent work.

I just copy pasted the code in to all the masterpages default, v4, minimal.master one at a time and all at the same time.

And nothing happens, javascript no errors and I know javascript works because I use someother on my site.

I am using Sharepoint foundation if it helps?

//Daniel

Dec 4, 2012 at 9:55 AM
Asthor wrote:

I am using Sharepoint foundation if it helps?

And this my dear will be your problem. At least, my guess.

As far as I know you do not have the abbillity to have a search scope, like it is used in the text file.

Furthermore can you please check if you want search from the SharePoint site itself and retrieve relevant results? At least you should have the OOTB search working before proceeding.